So my husband and I love McDonald’s Chocolate Chip cookies. They are one of the best kept secrets in my opinion because, not only are they super delicious, but they are cheap.
Anyway, recently I have begun baking from scratch so naturally I went in search of a copycat recipe.
Then I was devastated.
Because I couldn’t find one.
Dejected I looked for recipes with pictures that looked similar to McDs and crossed my fingers.
Were they good cookies? Yes, but they were the fluffy, puffy kind of cookie and that’s not what we like.
We like the thin melty deliciousness with just a bit of crisp and browning on the outer edges.
So I played around with some recipes like a mad scientist, making it up as I went, until I hit on this, it’s as close to McDs as I can imagine only it’s better because its dark chocolate and that makes it better.
Like shut the front door this is freakin delicious and I want to eat them all before anyone finds out they are here good.
Not Donna Reed’s Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Deliciousness
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened (I melt mine to liquid form in the microwave)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. cornstarch
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips (If you like alot of chips double this)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl blend your sugar and butter together until a thick creamy pile of pure bliss.Now add egg and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt (I recommend doing just a cup at a time if you aren’t using a mixer). Stir in chocolate chips.
4. This dough is a bit sticky, use your fingers or a tablespoon or one of those snazzy cookie scoop deals, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.
5. Let cool on the pan for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes 1.5 – 3 dozen depending on size.
Your Welcome in Advance.
Also I meant to post a photo but, no joke, I ate them before I could. Not kidding.