So I thought it would be smart for me to document some of my objectives for my season as a stay at home mom and some of the practical goals I plan to take to reach them and I thought it would be smart to publish them for accountability sake.
And yes I am totally nerdy enough that I enjoy writing goals, objectives, etc. I am working on a family mission statement but that is a family project so I will need more time and prayer but I will post it when we complete it!
Objectives as a Stay at Home Mom
- Goals to help me accomplish these
Continue my walk with the Lord and become more missional in life.
- Invite people into our home no less than once a month with a goal of 2-4 times per month.
- Begin to build relationships with our new neighbors
- If possible start or participate in a support program for young/teen/single moms.
Nurture and grow my Children spiritually, emotionally, socially and academically.
- Continue participation in church & Sunday school.
- Join Awana ministry in fall with Joel
- Participate in VBS
- Enroll Joel in 1-2 sports per year
- Home preschool or if God provides financially part time preschool during the school year.
- Regular family “field trips”, storytimes, devotions.
- Special parent child/dates once a month
Support my husband and continue to grow our relationship.
- Have devotions together as a couple on all nights he is home. (We are so inconsistent!)
- Monthly date night/day
- Take over preparation of bulk of the weekly meals
- Maintain a clean home
- Manage garden & assist with yard
Be good stewards of the resources God has given us
- Make a workable budget that does NOT sacrifice our giving to missions/the church
- Utilize the envelope system App to help track our money well and stay on budget (since we stink at the cash version)!
- Be open to part time freelance positions God may provide me to help support our family
- Accumulate no new debt
- Work to pay down student loans/ mortgage
- Give time to the Lord, His word and His work.
- Limit time used for fruitless pursuits such as television.
- Plan for exercise, time to recharge and time with friends
- Place priority on keeping our schedule from becoming needlessly “busy”